CITI Web-based training
Log on to the CITI training at www.CITIprogram.org
- Go to New Users and click on “Register Here.”
- Go to the Department of Energy and click on YOUR FACILITY. Do not choose “Participating Institutions” as YOUR FACILITY is not on that list.
- Select a username and password and verify password.
- Enter Name and Email address; click “Submit.”
- Complete Member Information, click “Submit.”
- Select Groups: Choose “Yes,” if this is the first time you have used the CITI Program, and choose your learner group. Do not choose from any of the other boxes in section 1, as YOUR FACILITY is not on those lists.
- On the page that says “Select your institution or organization,” YOUR FACILITY should come up. Check “No” (you do not want to change affiliations) and continue.
- Learner’s Menu Page: Click on “Enter” under Status (middle of the page). The modules should be self-explanatory.
It depends on how many modules your site requires. On the average, 5- 6 hours is needed.
No, you can leave the page and pick back up where you left off.
You can retake quizzes until you get a passing grade. A passing grade is usually 80%. Check with your IRB Manager.
The IRB manager at your site has selected the appropriate modules based on the type of research conducted at your site. These modules are listed under for each DOE facility on the CITI registration site.
Key personal listed on IRB applications are required to complete the CITI program or equivalent training every 2-3 years, unless your site specifies differently. Contact your IRB Manager.